Archive for the ‘Auto Insurance Companies’ Category.
The one thing that motorists agree upon is that they need cheap auto insurance for their cars. Finding the companies that offer special deals or discounts is not hard to do since the internet came into play. Of course, which companies are the best is a subjective matter since we all have our own particular likes and dislikes. But there are some companies around which offer some good deals and these are listed here.
List of Popular Companies
- Esurance – If the comments are to be believed on this one, some drivers claim to have saved more than five hundred dollars on a six month policy. Although price should not be the only way to choose insurance for the car, it has to be considered since we all love to make savings in these hard economic times. It is simple to fill in the documentation online so it is very convenient for those people who work and they don’t have to go to the office to pay the bills. The policy is delivered online too so there is little lag time between booking the insurance and printing it out at home.
- Liberty Mutual – is another online insurance company that has good and competitive pricing. Some comments on their blogs recommended the company for cars only and not for RVs and it was suggested that the driver keep checking the policy when it was up for renewal to avoid any increases in premiums.
- State Farm – This is a very popular company that offers many kinds of insurance as well as reasonably priced auto insurance. Even health is covered by this company so the driver may well attract discounts if he moves all his insurance needs to them. The benefit of this company is that it is online twenty four hours per day so there is always someone available to advice on insurance issues. Some insurance is free providing several policies are held with them so this is a good way to save some dollars. This company has many glowing references online so it is well worth taking a look at what they can offer.
- Allstate – This insurance company will offer ‘forgiveness’ for no accidents which literally translates into lower premiums. Staff are trained to assist drivers and don’t pick too much when it comes to making claims. Some companies pay the bare minimum and try to cut down on their payouts. If they only knew how many clients they lose in this way, other companies may follow Allstate’s lead on this.
- Progressive – This insurance company has online facilities and it is very simple to see what they have on offer. Even if their client is making a claim, many reports suggest that the process is simple. This is what drivers like since any argument at this stage could lose any insurance company a valuable customer.
- Nationwide – This insurance company is known for trying to cut rates to the bare minimum. They are extremely user friendly and will make the effort to help clients new and old.
- 21st Century – This insurance company has a great reputation and the driver gets free roadside assistance thrown in as well. Not only that, with the competitive rates they offer, and the excellent service, this must be one of the best insurance companies around today.
- AAA – This is a highly regarded insurance company and sits firmly among the top companies for auto insurance. People comment on how courteous and professional the agents are and it is said to be one of the companies that others fear for competition. Maybe this one should be tried and tested along with all the others.
The fact of the matter is that most car insurance companies can be cheap if you are a good driver. Unfortunately, where most people get into trouble is when they have a poor driving record. When you are viewed as a high risk by the insurance companies the price of your coverage will really go through the roof. The bottom line is that if you drive safe then most companies will provide you with cheap coverage. However, if you can be a little erratic in your driving there are a few companies that you should look into in particular. These companies have a reputation for offering the best prices around on the car insurance that you need.
Cheap Auto Insurance Companies
The first company that you should check out is Geico. This is because they are traditionally able to offer a cheaper rate to the drivers that they serve. The main thing that makes Geico so affordable is the fact that they do not have agents set up in offices around different local communities. Instead, Geico handles most of its business online. What this does is it allows them to cut out the middle man in the arrangement- the car insurance agent. Since the agent is cut out of the equation the company itself is able to offer a lower rate to the customer. It should be noted, however, that you may not get the type of customer service that you want since there is really no home office to speak of.
Another company that you will want to look into in regard to cheap auto insurance companies is Progressive. Progressive has a large chunk of the market share because they are able to offer their customers a very low price. For the most part, this is because Progressive offers a comprehensive discount package to their customers. For example, you will be able to get a nice discount from Progressive if you choose to combine a few policies. Multi-policy discounts are an example of a great program that progressive offers that will allow you to save a nice bit of money each and every month.
A final car insurance company that you should look into is 1800 Safe Auto. This insurance company will offer you the best deal on minimum coverage. Since minimum coverage is most likely going to be the cheapest, this is something that you will want to look into for sure. If you have an interest in 1800 Safe Auto then you can start by going on their website and requesting a quote. You may be surprised to see at just how low of a price they can offer you.
Cheap auto insurance companies are out there- you just need to take advantage of what they have to offer. Once you do locate a cheap auto insurance company you will be able to enjoy some pretty nice savings for a significant amount of time. At the end of the day you will be quite happy that you decided to go with the companies that can offer you the cheapest price!
What’s the best auto insurance company in the business? That depends on who you ask and what the criteria are. If you’re asking car insurance customers, they will most likely be voicing their opinion based on cost, customer service, and claims service. If you’re talking with someone in the financial services industry they will probably rate insurance companies based on their financial strength and future outlook. Because the criteria are so subjective it’s really difficult to come up with a definitive answer.
Nonetheless, we have surveyed a number of auto insurance review websites that ask their readers to vote on their insurance companies. We have compiled the results, crunched the numbers, and added the financial strength ratings from A.M. Best to come up with our own list. Based on our research the top 10 best auto insurance companies in America are:
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century Insurance
Where most consumers are concerned the annual cost of their car insurance weighs most heavily on the decision of whether or not a company is a good one. The fact is that most of us will never file an insurance claim in our lifetimes, so we view paying into an auto insurance policy as a waste of money. That forces most of us to look at the best auto insurance companies merely in terms of cost. Right or wrong, that’s the reality. But never forget that cost means nothing if you have an accident and can’t get your claim settled to your satisfaction.
Customer service and claims service are the next two biggest factors consumers use to rate their car insurance companies. Lest you think they are the same thing, they’re not.
Customer service is what you deal with when you’re calling for quotes, trying to make changes to your policy, or asking billing questions. Claims service is what you deal with when you have an accident and you’re trying to file a claim. They are viewed separately by the insurance industry because they are typically two separate departments within an insurance company staffed by two different groups of people. Those who have never filed a claim typically put more weight on customer service, while those who have filed claims give more weight to claims service.
It would be unfair to rank the top 10 best auto insurance companies without considering financial strength. That’s because an insurance company is only as good as its ability to pay on claims. A company with a strong financial rating and a good future outlook is in the best position to take care of its customers from a financial standpoint. If you’re shopping for new car insurance, and you’re considering a company that is not considered a “big name” be sure to check their financial strength rating before you proceed.
Now that you have all this information in hand, what do you think is the best auto insurance company in America?